Monday, June 15, 2009

Moab Half Marathon

Girls Just wanna have FUN!! Hiking in Moab.

We had plans for the whole family to make a little trip in Moab the weekend of my race but Jeron ended up having to stay home and plant hay fields so Shaylyn and I went together. It was fun spending some one on one time with her and to hang out with friends for the weekend. Shaylyn was at the finish line to cheer me on.

Ready or not!! Morning of race, it was a cold morning but warmed up quick. This was my first half marathon and was just hoping to finish it without killing myself. I finished in 2 hours and 9min. My goal for the Hobble Creek half in August is to finish it in under 2 hours. Jeron tells me I am crazy for running, but it is something that I have always liked doing and have always said that some day I would run a marathon......Well I am not getting any younger so now is the time. I drew out for St George marathon this October and have a goal to do it in 4 hours


0 comments: